威廉希尔娱乐

lemon potatoes

Is this a good place to admit that I almost never ate potatoes growing up? I tell my Russian husband this and he’s baffled. Mashed? No. Roasted? No. Fries, only at restaurants. Tater tots, from the freezer on a too-rare occasion. Baked potatoes were definitely a dinner menu item and I don’t think anyone had anythingagainstpotatoes, just not a strong pull towards them. Needless to say, if the archives here are any indication, my kids will not be saying the same. And yet despite the焗烤,这crispy crumbled, themelting,brown butter mash那这kugel.twice-bakedand the安娜那I still crave potatoes in ways I have yet finetuned a recipe for, and this brought me to a surge of lemon potato studies over the winter.

all you will need矮胖的楔子准备烤加入肉汤和柠檬汁

Greek lemon potatoes (patates lemonates) are a classic for good reason: crispy edges, tender interiors, and steeped with lemon. They’re often served plain or a side with roast lamb, chicken, or another big Sunday meal. Typically, Russets (or Maris Piper in the UK) are used, and they’re often parboiled before roasting with, garlic, oregano, and olive oil are always present. Some have an added spoonful of semolina for extra crisp. I tried them all. They were all delicious. But I realized what I was yearning for in a lemon potato was closer to the roast-braise infusion ofmelting or fondant potatoes:育空金土豆,没有煮沸的肉体,以及在烘焙时间的最后三分之一的肉汤和柠檬汁水坑。这种方法产生了如此多的味道和丰富性,土豆似乎几乎在边缘漂亮时融化。平底锅果汁减少到粘稠,强烈味道的浓度。这些可能不是最传统的,但我发现它们阳光明媚,完美。

lemon potatoes

Previously

6个月前:Corn Coconut Soup
1 year ago:Ultimate Banana Bread
2 year ago:Essential French Onion Soup
3 years ago:Asparagus and Egg Salad with Walnuts and Mint
4 years ago:Cornbread WafflesandMushroom Tartines
5年前:Sesame Soba and Ribboned Omelet SaladandApricot Hazelnut Brown Butter Hamantaschen
6 years ago:The Consolation Prize (A Mocktail)and用皮塔饼薯条和酸奶烤的鹰嘴豆
7年前:Whole-Grain Cinnamon Swirl Bread
8 years ago:Lentil and Chickpea Salad with Feta and Tahini
9 years ago:Soft Eggs with Buttery Herb-Gruyere Toast Soldiers
10年前:Spaetzle
11年前:Irish Soda Bread Sconesand菠菜和鹰嘴豆
12 years ago:Cream Cheese Pound Cake with Strawberry Sauceandb
13年前:Caramel Walnut Banana Upside Down CakeandSwiss Easter Rice Tart
14 years ago:Mixed Berry Pavlova

柠檬土豆

• Servings:4 to 6
  • Source:William Hill娱乐迷人的厨房

听着,它不会是一个击打厨房菜谱wiWilliam Hill娱乐thout at least one dose of do-as-I-say-not-as-I-show in these photos, but today, as a treat, there are two: I tested these with different potatoes including the more traditional Russets (shown here) and while they’re all great, I vastly prefer these with creamier Yukon gold potatoes. Use what you’ve got, but if you can get golden, waxier potatoes, these are even better. I also prefer to roast them in a metal, not white or stoneware, baking dish or rimmed baking sheet — it goes faster, gets more crisp, and sticks less. Regardless, use what you’ve got and you’re in for a treat.

• 2磅育空金(理想情况下)或赤褐色土豆(见注释),纵向剥离和四分之一进入厚楔形
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons olive oil plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, diced
  • 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves, minced or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 精细磨碎的热带和两种柠檬汁(约1/4杯汁)
  • 1/2茶匙新鲜地面黑胡椒
  • 3 to 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
  • 3/4 cup broth, chicken or vegetable
  • 切碎的新鲜欧芹或莳萝,加上额外的柠檬片或楔形,完成

Heat oven to 475°F.

In a 9×13-inch rimmed sheet pan or deeper baking dish (ideally stainless steel, coated, or stoneware, not glass*) toss potatoes with olive oil, oregano, salt, zest, and pepper evenly to coat. If using butter, dot it over. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are well-browned underneath. Use a thin spatula** to turn potatoes over, sprinkle in garlic cloves, and return to the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes, until mostly browned underneath on the second side. Pour in broth and lemon juice all over and return to the oven a final time for 15 minutes, or until potatoes and garlic cloves are tender and liquids have reduced to a very thin puddle. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving (any remaining liquid will absorb), sprinkle with herbs, and serve with additional lemon wedges.

• 几,可悲的是,付出惨痛的代价,玻璃can break when faced with a big temperature change, such as pouring the cold broth and lemon juice into the very hot pan near the end. If you only have glass to roast in, warm the broth before pouring it in, then, once it’s in, cold or room temperature lemon juice is fine to add next.
  • 这个刮刀是我永远的去

您的电子邮件地址不会被公开。必需的地方已做标记*

New here? You might want to check out thecomment guidelines在蜿蜒前。

96 comments onlemon potatoes

1. jenH

Loooove lemon potatoes! If I wanted to make these for Easter, which involves an hour long drive – should I do the first 2 roasts, and then finish at the destination with the broth/lemon before serving?

1. Laura Gatzos

Hi Jenh,

I’ve made a similar recipe and they heat really well as a finished product. I wouldn’t think that you would need to divide up the cooking time.

We frequently make more than we need at a holiday meal, and when we reheat the leftovers the next day, we find that the potatoes retain their flavor and texture nicely.

Deb may also offer some advice, but this is my experience after nearly 17 years of marriage to a Greek man. :-)

1. Natasha Griffiths

让这些是我们的复活节晚餐,他们超级漂亮(和极其柠檬!)。我会说每个阶段比所述时间超过5分钟。至少如果你像我的家人一样贪婪,那就更接近四个。

1. renee.

Do you think it’s necessary to peel them? I’m fact, in your last photo, it almost looks like some aren’t peeled.

1. 凯特

我今晚让他们在没有剥皮的情况下,他们是完美的。事实上,唯一错的是,我应该有两倍的食谱!无论如何,让果皮脱落起来。

2. Kim

just about to go to the store for hummingbird cake ingredients, and now I’ve added Yukon golds to my list! I already know these potatoes will be fabulous. I’m a lemon girl! I even have the spatula because you told us to get it ages ago for the crispy fried eggs. It is indeed a forever go-to. Speaking of lemon…I made the crispy chicken cutlets for the second time last night. Anyone reading…do it! Makes the best chicken sandwich ever Squeezing lemon over them takes them over the top. And make the sauce with Mayo, grainy mustard and hot sauce (I used a squeeze of harissa from the tube).

3. Laura

你的食谱是我的希腊姻亲的食谱就可以了!当我主持希腊东正教复活节以及其他庆祝餐时,我每年开始制作这些土豆,他们总是被打击。我会尝试给你的食谱!

我会说,对于我所做的大多数希腊烹饪,我坚持用干牛至,而不是使用新鲜。When I’ve used fresh oregano, my husband complains the flavor isn’t quite what he remembers as a kid, when his mom and his Yiayia used the dried stuff (the Costco-sized container of oregano that’s a constant fixture in my in-law’s pantry confirms this). I can appreciate the nostalgia associated with the taste of comfort food, so I am happy to oblige.

4. Maggie

我不能在甜点中忍受柠檬,但在咸味菜中爱它,所以这将很快就在我的桌子上。此外,除了托特托特外,我最小的最小不会吃任何马铃薯。他是我对作为挑剔的食者的惩罚。希望他的味蕾会像我一样与他一起长大。

5. 维多利亚麦卡伦

Oh yum. I used to go to a produce stand run by a Greek family. One day the patriarch was eating his lunch outside. It smelled so good and I asked him for the recipe. It was basically yours but pieces of chicken were roasted with the potatoes and garlic and lemon. The potatoes not only had the fresh lemon and garlic creaminess but the fat from the chicken added to the crispy crusts. So good.

1. 凯特erina, Athens

发现。当我看到你的评论时,我即将写这个。用土豆鸡/羊肉!并使用白葡萄酒而不是锅中的水。你可以衷心感谢我们的希腊语......

1. 艾米莉L.

好的,我需要更多信息。葡萄酒而不是水?和大腿/乳房?哪个最佳效果?我的生命中需要这个,统计。

Deb,谢谢你的食谱,我渴望做!你再次打我的渴望,我非常感谢你的博客。

6. Kelly

Are these inspired by Taverna Kyclades? Because they have the best lemon potatoes ever, and even though I’ve tried greasing the staff multiple times, I can’t get a recipe out of them. These look fantastic though.

1. deb

I’ve actually never had them there, but I live close enough to one that I should. They are inspired by Greek lemon potatoes in general, so I bet it’s close.

7. deb

我在配方固定两个错误,对不起!- 1。You want to use two lemons, not one. 2. You don’t need to mix in a bowl, just in the baking pan. You can watch a recipe demo这里!!

8. Marianne Porter.

我真的明白了。我的丈夫是爱尔兰美国,因为他们来了,他发现我对土豆的漠不关心......令人不安。

1. Deanna

If I ask my husband what he wants for dinner, he turns into Samwise Gamgee, “ Po-ta-toes! Boil them, mash them, stick them in a stew. Lovely big golden chips with a nice piece of fried fish.”

He usually ends up disappointed.

1. 梅根rasila.

I’ve been told that when I was 2, when asked what I wanted to eat (for any meal) “potatoes”. For an entire year. I still love them. There are family jokes about everyone else getting their potatoes before I get mine.

9. Chelsea

delicious! I made these for my parents since I’m off work today. There is one single piece of potato left on the baking sheet since no one wanted the blame of being the one to eat the last piece.

10. 希瑟

我正在尝试打印这一点,因为它看起来很惊人,但配方奇怪地削减了。还有其他人有这个问题还是只是我?

11. eliza

This looks so delicious and so perfect as a side for our lamb dinner! But I already bought a pound of red potatoes….. Do you think I could use them here?

12. Greek here! Love your take on this traditional side of ours. From experience, if you find yourself not quite achieving that high standard of your yiayia’s dish or a tavern in the greek islands, it’s the olive oil.

Lots of oil. Like, LOTS AND LOTS of oil. If you show a Greek grandmother that you measure oil by the tablespoons she’ll probably scoff and kick you out of her kitchen (been there). My mother always adds so much olive oil that I whimper a little – but her potatoes always end up amazing, never oily, zingy from the lemon and mustard. Almost like a potato confit.

1. Btw I can attest – in Greece we always dry our oregano, I don’t think I’ve ever had fresh oregano in a dish. But that’s only if you go for authenticity – if you love fresh oregano best, you do you!

13. Marie M.C.

I haven’t had a chance to try this recipe yet but I wanted to share my tip for getting the most juice out of your lemons/limes. Cut them in half then nuke them in the microwave for 35 seconds. If you want zest — zest them before nuking them. Squeeze them using this squeezer — I get no money recommending this product. I just know it’s the best. Plus the one I have has lasted about 20 years,https://www.amazon.com/Last-Lemon-Squeezer-Yellow-Green/dp/B089XC5F6H/ref=asc_df_B089XC5F6H/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=492117641666&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5196407806813256043&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031961&hvtargid=pla-1156237028110&psc=1

14. 乔安娜

这里的另一个希腊语 - 我们的家庭使用的方法是在开始时添加所有液体。它烤出了,你仍然让小酥脆的目的,更多的味道吸收到土豆里。使用Yukon Golds,您可以获得更多脆性烤土豆(我在其他语境中爱过,但我是一个纯粹的传统柠檬土豆崎岖的罗布!

15. 玛丽亚

I wanted to makes something like this for Easter, so thank you for your recipe which came just in time. However, I could not find “Yukon Gold” at the market, but I found “Gold Potatoes.” Are they the same?

16. Bonnie Rotenberg

Ohhhh this is one of my favourite ways of making potatoes!!!!Growing up in Toronto we had and still have a very vibrant Greek community and this dish reminds me of the traditional Greek restaurants on the Danforth and going into the open kitchen and choosing your favourite dishes.
    As we are in lockdown I think I will make this tonight.
    谢谢您的其他时候提醒,
    Bonnie

17. Made these potatoes tonight, on my GAS GRILL, because my kitchen is being remodeled, for once didn’t have Yukon Gold, so used russet. DH’s response: OMG, make these again!

18. 球座

今晚用育空金制作。想想我希望他们没有大蒜让柠檬闪耀着它自己,有一些美好的flakey盐。

19. 鲸鱼

My grocery order subbed teeny tiny mixed baby potatoes (gold red blue) for my Yukon potatoes. Think I could still attempt this? And by teeny tiny I mean like the size of half a Brussels sprout of the tip of a thumb.

1. Terri.

From what I read, yes and yes. EVOO isn’t recommended for temps greater than 350 but refined, pure grade olive oil is. Deb’s recipe calls for olive oil, but not EVOO. I use refined olive oil for frying and roasting, and save my lovely EVOO’s for dressing, dipping and finishing.

这是我为我的评论提供的文章:

20. (Faith) Bledsoe

喜欢你的工作和你的食谱!威廉希尔娱乐我经常努力找到打印按钮,罕见的场合我需要打印配方。在这里找不到一个。有人能指导我吗?

And can’t wait to try these potatoes for Easter lunch!

1. deb

There is a print icon that leads to a print template at the bottom of each recipe, where it says “DO MORE:” You can also click CTRL or ⌘ + P from any recipe post and it will take you to a streamlined print template. We will definitely make it easier to find when we next redesign.

21. Eliza

YUM! Super easy and perfect for our Easter brunch. The biggest potato lover in our house didnt love them though but she enjoyed them. I think I will make them again but lighten the lemon a bit.

22. 凯特e

用欧洲防风药和萝卜(低碳水化合物家庭成员)使用这种技术,它很好。(我建议在烤肉前的快速蒸汽或最后一步的肉汤,因为这些往往更加坚定土豆)。

23. 雅典娜Barnjak.

我是希腊人,不用说,我非常兴奋地制作这些。我用yukons,他们出来了很棒。为他们提供烤的肉,为真正令人满意的饭菜。谢谢,DEB!

24. 很高兴你发布了这个食谱。我制作了一个类似于希腊烤土豆的食谱,但食谱使用更多橄榄油。很高兴看到这个配方少一些。关键的成分是鸡汤。谁知道?!
    Thanks for this!

25. Naomi

我通过制作这个,一切都看起来很美味。然后我倒入柠檬汁和鸡肉股,并指示和我的热速盘子和我的美味的土豆在烤箱里爆炸。我认为热平底锅和房间温度液体之间的温度变化有些东西。有没有人有这个问题?我该如何解决它?我想再试一次,因为它在爆炸前看起来很好。我可能会尝试在开始时添加果汁和股票。建议?

1. Fran

是的,Pyrex爆炸温度剧烈变化。如果您坚持使用玻璃,另一个提名的评论者在开始时将所有液体放入,或者您可以尝试加热液体,因此您不会将冷液添加到热锅中。老实说,虽然我只是用不同的锅

2. deb

Oh no! That is terrible news; I’m so sorry. I never roast in glass so hadn’t even considered this. I will make a note in the recipe to avoid using glass or to first warm the liquid. :(

3. Erica

我也有一个瓷贝克的问题,即使只有450 *和*刚加热的股票 - 第二液体击中的烤箱,也有一个不祥的裂缝。(谢天谢地,没有一直传播的发际骨折。)马铃薯非常好,但我不情愿地附加精神“小心!”这个食谱。

1. Bea

Thank you! You are so kind! I’ve been meaning to make that chickpea recipe. This will be dinner tonight with the lemon potatoes.

26. jP—Seattle

I made these last night with a mix of red and sweet potatoes (red is what I had for regular potatoes, and my wife prefers sweet potatoes or yams over regular). A couple of the sweet potato pieces got a little too done (my fault; I should’ve adjusted temp or time given the different potato but didn’t) but we just picked those out and devoured the rest. Extremely good!

27. 莎莉

我制作这些并添加了更多的柠檬汁和黄油等,并添加了花椰菜小花。我很失望,没有剩下的!几乎在室温下暖。爱它

28. Lynda Handley

Thank you for this recipe, Deb. I served the lemon potatoes with slow roasted shoulder of lamb and they offset the richness of the meat perfectly. Definitely, a keeper.
    Lynda

29. 杰米施泰纳

我甚至不喜欢土豆,但是这些都是惊人的!!!So soft and lemony, but with rich roasty flavour.

30. Tessa

我现在正在制作这些土豆。我的烤箱像疯了一样吸烟!我应该用不同的油而不是橄榄吗?还有其他人经历过吗?

31. 凯伦

Whenever I use a metal pan I always line it with parchment paper. Would that make these less crispy? Should I just put the potatoes directly on? Are you using a non-stick metal pan or not? I’m always afraid of scraping off the coating on a non-stick pan. Can you also comment on what kind of olive oil you use? Not extra virgin? I am afraid of getting a lot of smoke at this temperature.

1. deb

不粘器应该是好的,我通常更喜欢不锈钢。羊皮纸肯定会脆弱。我用一个基本的橄榄油来高热烤。我认为这叫做额外的处女,但我基于价格持怀疑态度。

32. 安娜

Made this today to go with “First Contact Day salmon” (the Vulcans will meet us April 5 2063, per Star Trek) and I found it to be absolutely delicious. The potatoes nearly melt and the chicken broth adds a great savory flavor. Since my potatoes were quite small I only halved instead of quartered.

Oddly, my husband insisted that these tasted spicy- maybe he got a big bite of garlic? My assessment was savory, tangy, and creamy.

33. 这看起来很美味,谢谢你这个伟大的食谱!我已经制作了黎巴嫩 - 阿拉伯语版本,称为Batata Harra,它使用香菜而不是牛至,而是相同的柠檬品味。现在会尝试你的版本!

34. 艾琳娜·瓦普塔斯贝克

I am Greek and LOVE lemon potatoes. I have searched and searched for the perfect recipe. I finally found one a few years ago, but predictably don’t know from whence it was sourced and have been unable to replicate it. This one, though. BLISS! And NOW I know where to find it the next time I have a hankering! I ate them over a bed of arugula with some sauteed mushrooms and some Israeli feta and it was everything.

35. Northeastern food fanatic

I had 1 lb of Yukon Golds and 1 lb of fingerlings in the house and decided to use both as a taste test. They were equally tasty.

I used half the amount of lemon zest and juice and half the amount of broth (vegetable stock) with the possibility of adding more, but didn’t. To us that was plenty of liquid and lemon flavor.

36. I had to laugh about Russian husband baffled with not-eating potatoes as a kid, so true!!! In Soviet Union we ate them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Potatoes were everything!!!

37. jP

我昨晚用赤褐色土豆用了一半食谱,出于某种原因,在第一次转动时,他们真的陷入了锅。再次陷入困境。我做了很多绝望的刮刮,所以他们肯定不舒服我所做的时间。此外,因为我在我们吃它们之前让他们完成了大约半小时,所以他们甚至没有非常清脆。味道很好,但我不得不说,我很惊讶他们并没有结果,我想他们会。易于足够的食谱,它只是对我不起作用。叹!

1. deb

你用了什么样的锅?我的罗拉斯绝对不想放开白盘子,但我有更多的金属运气。一般来说,如果他们没有释放,他们需要更多的时间,但我也发现了一个白色的菜肴,他们也需要更长时间才能获得恰好棕色。

38. MN

We’ve made this several times this week already- so good! On the last batch, after the first 20 minutes of cooking, I added a few thick stalks of cut up asparagus from our garden, and then continued the recipe as written. It was really delicious, I think it might be great with other green veggies, too. Thanks!

39. Elizabeth

I made these potatoes for Easter and they were delicious! Note – I did not peel the Yukon Golds before slicing, it saved a step and did not detract from the rich taste. I will definitely add this to our menu list!

40. Ioanna

希腊母亲,阿姨或伊尼亚没有得到一个食谱。你说你想要食谱,但他们只是用已经准备好的锅炉出现。此外,他们不做食谱。威廉希尔娱乐现在我有测量!他们很美味,谢谢!

41. Amy

OMG these were ridiculously good! So good there was almost nothing left of the 2 lbs of potatoes, and there were only two of us! We had them with asparagus and swordfish neck – if you haven’t had that pleasure yet, run right out and get yourself some from your favorite fish guy. Consider the neck tip my gift to you, after all these years of such fabulous recipes : ) .

42. 土豆是我国美食的主要成分之一。我吃了很多东西。但从未尝试过柠檬。这看起来很美味,我必须试一试。谢谢你的食谱!

43. 艾米莉SG

These are great. Not super fussy but delicious. Will definitely make this recipe again, possibly experimenting with the herbs. Can imagine that dill would be nice.

44. Suzanne Jones

I didn’t read the other comments, because I am coming to this recipe a bit late. Let me just say that I love Greek lemon potatoes to an insane degree after eating them in a Greek restaurant in Chicago years ago. I have tried many recipes, but even without trying your recipe yet I can see that it is wonderful. THANKS! I feel vindicated in my weirdly fierce love for this dish.

45. 莎拉L.

刚吃这些晚餐,他们是光荣的。用了婴儿黄土豆,没有剥离它们,只是减半,和迈耶柠檬(因为我有什么)。肯定是经常旋转。谢谢,DEB,对于另一个美丽的食谱。

46. fahreen.

天哪,这个食谱是炸弹!我制作了大约4磅土豆 - 用薄薄的皮肤黄金黄油奶油土豆,留下了皮肤。食谱翻了一番,它是现货!搭配波斯koobideh kebabs和希腊沙拉。
    Thank you for another hit recipe.

1. Amy

How many people did your 4 pounds serve? I am hosting 12 here Saturday and wondering if doubling will be enough. 3 little kids and 3 big kids (hungry teenagers) and the rest adults. Thanks!

47. AP

So amazing! I served these on a bed of arugula as a side dish for pesto pasta. I used avocado oil because of the high temperature of the oven. The lemon flavor goes really well with peppery arugula!

48. 安娜

These were 10/10 *chef’s kiss* – I made them for a small dinner party tonight and they were probably the best thing on the menu. I followed the recipe exactly, and they turned out fabulous. So creamy and lemony. I can’t believe how much olive oil is involved, but it’s worth every calorie. I will absolutely be making these again.